Benalmadena, one of the most touristic towns of the Costa Del Sol, has a lot to offer to its visitors. The coastal zone, Benalmadena Costa, invites to discover the beaches with some water activities, restaurants, hotels and other leisure and vacation services.
And nevertheless, the upper part of the Benalmadena Pueblo, with its panoramic views has a very unique hidden place where you will discover the magic of the butterflies.
This place is ” El Mariposario ” of Benalmadena, a real temple of the magic nature, built in a unique Asian style and located next to the Buddhist Temple.
Do you know the real world of the butterflies?
“El Mariposario” gives you this opportunity because each of the visitors, big and small, can discover it with the butterflies during all the visit, sharing their natural space.
This makes out of this zoological complex an unforgettable experience. Walking along a small tropical forest, created with decorative plants, you are going to discover between 1.500 and 2.000 butterflies of more than 100 different species.
They will flutter around you and they might also sit down in your hands to get to know you better. If you are the lucky ones of course! You will see all of them fly; you will also see them asleep, when the newborn ones will be waiting for 2 hours to dry off their wings;
you will see them eating mature fruits, offered to them like to the real princesses; but also camouflaged in case of the dangerous birds and much more.
You will discover and see with your own eyes all the four phases of the life of every of these beautiful beings of the insect world, beginning with the egg, the caterpillar and ending as a chrysalis that transforms into a beautiful creation of nature, so-called ‘butterfly’. All this and much more to discover yourself in details.
Nevertheless, the butterflies are not the only owners of this secret paradise because you will have the opportunity to see some birds, fishes, turtles, the only European chameleon and an higuana.
We would like to share with you some secrets that we discovered during our visit:
– Did you know that since the moment when the butterflies start to fly, they begin to search to create a couple and they recognize their other part thanks to the perfume that belongs to every special species?
– Did you know that they fly more when it is sunny and they rest during the cloudy days?
– Did you know that the chrysalises can have form of a stone, a leaf to avoid being eaten?
IF YOU HAVE DISCOVERED SOMETHING NEW OR YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE, THEN DO NOT LOSE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE THE LIFE OF THE BUTTERFLIES FOR ONE MOMENT AND A TIME OF A DAY VISIT!
OTHER ADVANTAGES OF THE “MARIPOSARIO” THAT WE WOULD LIKE TO MENTION:
– “El Mariposario” of Benalmadena has an easy access from the highway A7 (exit 217) for the visitors driving a car and very central location for the tourists of the Costa Del Sol coming both from the Malaga and the Marbella area. There is possibility of reaching the place using the public transport.
– Open 365 days a year, what will allow you to plan this exceptional activity during the rainy days or on Sundays.
– There are special offers for guided visits of school and organised groups adapted to each age rate.
– The entrance tickets can be bought online on the official website with special discounts.
– Take the advantage to make a few spectacular photos of the nicest butterflies of the world! It is allowed!
Address: Avd. Retamar s/n (near Buddhist Temple)
Benalmádena Pueblo 29639
Tel. : 951-211-196